Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holiday Markets

Tis the season for merry markets galore in New York and I can't get enough. A few weekends back I visited the newly opened Union Square Holiday Market and was totally smitten with the Christmas music, apple cider stands and cute hand made gifts. 

Then yesterday,  my roommate and I braved the crowds to walk through the Bryant Park Holiday Market. The one up it really has on Union Square is the giant ice-skating rink in the middle where (tourists) wait for hours in line. I feel so mean but it really is funny watching people attempt to channel their inner Tara Lipinski and glide around the rink, unfortunately there are about 300 people in that rink at the same time and minimal talent. Good entertainment though. 

My Mom is in town next weekend and I plan on taking her to every Holiday Market in the city and getting as much in the Christmas spirit as possible!




No comments:

Post a Comment